non-square shapefiles and tileindex

Ara.T.Howard ara.t.howard at NOAA.GOV
Sun Feb 4 02:23:56 EST 2007

On Sat, 3 Feb 2007, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Ara,
> Yes, I do that frequently.  Note that all items from the tileindex that
> touch the map request area *are* rendered.

huh.  that's not what i'm seeing, so i've probably made a mistake.

for instance, if you make this request,20,180,30&Format=png

you'll see only one orbit in the image.  this is odd since every orbit crosses
this area.  the orbit shown is the __first__ orbit which crosses the area.
the mapfile i'm using is here

the script here

and all data, including shapfiles, here

have i made an error in my mapfile?  all images are in the tileindex file and
all images contain data in the requested area.  still, only one is rendered?

kind regards.

we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being better.
simply reflect on that.
- the dalai lama