Showing multiple layers using one checkbox

Fischer, Brian bfischer at HOUSTONENGINEERINGINC.COM
Sun Feb 4 22:57:35 EST 2007

Brad,

The easiest way to do this would be to use the GROUP parameter in the mapfile.  This would turn all layers on with the same name in the GROUP parameter.

Another option is to use a javascript function to alter the layers list that is passed to the CGI on the OnClick event of the checkbox.

-Brian

________________________________

From: UMN MapServer Users List on behalf of Bradley Mclain
Sent: Sun 2/4/2007 4:12 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Showing multiple layers using one checkbox

Ok I currently have a mapfile which has multiple layers which make up my
image. I have set it up so that you can use a checkbox to turn these on and
off. What I want to do however is combine two of them into the one checkbox.

E.g. Currently I have two different shapefiles making up a boundary for a
property. They are defined in seperate layers in the mapfile. I want them to
both display when I tick a "Property Boundary" checkbox.

Brad

Advertisement: Meet Sexy Singles Today @ Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Flavalife9%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fclickthru%2Fclickthru%2Eact%3Fid%3Dninemsn%26context%3Dan99%26locale%3Den%5FAU%26a%3D23769&_t=754951090&_r=endtext_lavalife_dec_meet&_m=EXT