Using ODBC/OVF with MS SQL

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Feb 6 14:44:19 EST 2007

mikiet wrote:
> Hi , further to my previous message, I've done a lot of head scratching and
> experimentation and have managed to refine the problem.......
>
> I removed the SrcSQL from my OVF file and replaced it with a SrcLayer
>
> At first I still received no annotations, however when i zoomed in by
> changing the map extents my annotations appeared.
>
> I can put this second issue (the annotations only appearing at a zoomed in
> view) down to the performance required to  annotate quite a large number of
> point on the map. However my way to get around this was to use the SrcSQL
> to limit the number of points being brought back. Can anyone tell me if
> there is a problem using this with ODBC/OVF as I was not having the problem
> using the OVF with my MySQL database...

Mike,

I'm not exactly sure why you are running into problems.  I will say that
MapServer "query" stuff can be problematic when operating against an OVF
with a SrcSQL because confusion occurs between the initial query pass, and
the later per-feature fetching over what the feature id's of a record should
be.  For this reason (and some performance issues) I generally try to
discourage use of SrcSQL.

But this doesn't seem to exactly explain the problem you are seeing.

Best regards,