Mapscript problem with ka-map on Gentoo

Jaakko Kahkonen jaakko.kahkonen at FGI.FI
Thu Feb 8 06:25:54 EST 2007

Hi!

I'm a little bit lost about using php-mapscript, not sure were the
origin of problem is.

Problem exist (at least), when using ka-Map (cvs-version, downloaded
yesterday with cvs) on Gentoo platform with MapServer-4.10.0 (from
source). ka-Map starts and works ok, but after some random use it starts
give missing (empty) tiles, and sometimes just part of tile is missing.
When I check ka-Map's init.php file with browser, response is empty.
After that ka-Map is lost, and only solution I currently know is restart
Apache. Reloading or restarting browser is not enough. After booting
Apache, response of init.php is ok and ka-Map works for a while. But
again, after some random use same problmes again. "The application is
"Choose your kaMap!" does not find my map-file configurations any more.
Reloading or restarting browser does not help, response of init.php is
empty. But restarting Apache helps for a while :-/

Information about mapscript below (phpinfo):

MapServer Version:
MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER SUPPORTS=GEOS INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

PHP MapScript Version:
($Revision: 1.260 $ $Date: 2006/09/06 16:42:36 $)

I tested first with php-5.1.6 version, and after downgrading to version
5.0.5 and compiling MapServer (and mapscript) again against it, I still
get the same problem.

Platform:
Linux geogrid 2.6.18-gentoo-r6 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 12 10:54:26 EET
2007 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU            5150  @ 2.66GHz GenuineIntel
GNU/Linux.

I also tried to use masked mapserver-4.10.0.ebuild (I created own
PORTDIR_OVERLAY directory for that) without any modifications, just
enabling amd64 platform. I got it working, but problem still exist with
ka-Map.

Any suggestions how to get things to work? Php, Mapserver, ka-Map...?
Should I compile php with or without gd-external? Does it matter if use
gd-2.0.33 or gd-2.0.34?

--
JK