Mapscript: can't use @@ operator for querying postgis layer

Sat Feb 17 13:54:50 EST 2007

MapServer or MapScript passes the query string directly on to the
PostGIS driver so
it's likely there the problem lies (if there is one). What happens if
you set a FILTER
in the map file using that operator and use shp2img? That might help in
debugging
this since queryByAttributes simply resets the layer filter temporarily.

Steve

>>> Swapnil Hajare <dreamil at GMAIL.COM> 02/16/07 10:14 PM >>>
Hi list,
  first greetings to the list.
  I am using mapserver 4.8.3 (ubuntu edgy package) with postgis-pgsql
8.1
and php5-mapscript.
  I am trying to implement full text search engine for Marathi-
Devanagari
text (mr_IN) using tsearch2 extension of pgsql. In my map, I am
providing a
search interface (which is based on kamap & mapscript), to type text in
Marathi and search it in my postgis layer.  For string comparison in
queryByAttributes, I get results when I use ~* operator. But I don't get
any
results when I try to use @@ operator. is it that this operator is not
supported by mapscript? I thought anything supported by pgsql, should be
available in mapscript also. Please guide me on this.

regards,

--
Swapnil Hajare