problem with displayin map on browser

Alok Jadhav alok at CSE.IITB.AC.IN
Wed Feb 21 12:29:42 EST 2007

Hello everyone,
 I am a new user to mapserver. I am trying to display a tiff image map
file using map server.
map server is running properly on my machine. (displays exaple.map)

Following is my map file:

map
    size        750 750
    imagetype   png
    imagecolor  192 192 192
    debug on

    units meters
    projection "proj=utm" "zone=43" end
#    extent 100 100 1000 1000

    web
        imagepath   "/home/alok/fgs/www/htdocs/mumbai/mstmp/"
        imageurl    "/mstmp/"
        metadata
          "wms_title"           "Mumbai Navigator Map"
          "wms_onlineresource"  "http://10.129.112.144:8080/mumbai/wms.cgi"
           "wms_srs"             "EPSG:32643 EPSG:4326"
        end
    end

layer
      name "mumbai"
      type raster
      status on
      data /home/alok/fgs/www/htdocs/data/big.jpg-1170695412.tif
      projection "proj=utm" "zone=43" end
    END

end

and I am using openlayers interface to display the map on the web
browser as follows:

var map = new OpenLayers.Map('map');
    var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "Mumbai Navigator
WMS","http://10.129.112.144:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv?", {layers: 'mumbai',
map: 'mumbai1.map', mode: 'map'} );
        map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
        map.addLayer(wms);

But all it shows is a grey colored boxes. They can be zoomed and
everything but the image is not displayed. I don't see any error
messages. Can someone please help me rectify the problem. I am not sure
but is there any problem with projection/extent ??

Looking forward for a response. Any kind of help is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

-Alok