Filter help, string expression

Wed Feb 21 12:54:10 EST 2007

MapServer doesn't handle nulls all that well. Various data drivers do
things differently
which complicates things. For example, for some NULL means an empty
string.

Anyway, you might try something like this instead:

FILTERITEM "FENAME"
FILTER /./

This tests to see if there is at least one character in the FENAME
attribute. It should
evaluate faster too.

Steve

>>> Scott Schulthess <scott at TOPOZONE.COM> 2/20/2007 1:14:16 PM >>>
I'm trying to use the filter command in my mapfile make mapserver not
draw a street if one of it's attributes (the street name) is null.

I have tried using this

FILTER ("[FENAME]" != "(NULL)")

That's what it looks like in the dbf file - (NULL) when there is no
name. However it just doesn't draw anything for that layer.

Here's the layer definition and one class

  LAYER

    METADATA

                        "wms_srs"       wmsEPSGNAD83

            END