Point Layer

Pagurek,Debbie [NCR] Debbie.Pagurek at EC.GC.CA
Fri Feb 23 10:01:54 EST 2007

What projection is your data in? Your extent parameters look like the
data are in GEOGRAPHIC (latitude/longitude) but your units is set to
METERS. If you leave your extent as is I would expect the units to be DD
(decimal degrees).

Also, you might want to set the layer STATUS to DEFAULT so that the
layer is always on while you do this testing.

Also, your IMAGEURL "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\temp" looks incorrect - this
should be the URL that is used in the web browser e.g.
  IMAGEPATH "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp/"
  IMAGEURL "/ms_tmp/"

Hope this helps,
D. Pagurek

  _____

From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of Jandost Khoso
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 2:38 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Point Layer

I am facing a problem with Map server and i believe it is about a
mistake i am doing in Map File. i will be thankful if you help me to
sort that error out.

I have made a new layer which contains a lot of POI. the problem is that
whenever i zoom in more than 22.2 with units in meter that layer becomes
disappeard. i want to know how may i keep that layer visible for next
zoom ins ?!

Following is map file that i am using right now.

MAP

NAME "Zone Samples"

STATUS ON

EXTENT 51.58137 22.64441 56.37089 26.04807

SIZE 600 600

SHAPEPATH "D:\HostedWebsites\TutorialMapServerSolution\data\MapServer"

FONTSET
"D:\HostedWebsites\TutorialMapServerSolution\data\fonts\fonts.list"

UNITS METERS

WEB

IMAGEPATH "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\temp"

IMAGEURL "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\temp"