MySQL

ROBERT HOLLINGSWORTH reh2 at PRODIGY.NET
Mon Jan 8 16:21:40 EST 2007

hello,
taking effective crash course in Mapserver and MySQL.
Have seen CONNECTIONTYPE mygis, OGR/MySQL, JOIN and
MySQL, and related docs.  I haven't yet seen any
strong indication that anything in Mapserver is
compatible with the spatial extensions to MySQL (v4.1
and above, I think).

Can anyone confirm or refute the following: " I should
NOT attempt to model any spatial data in MySQL using
its spatial constructs if I want to display them in
Mapserver."

Thanks for any assist -- might save several hours of
investigation.

Robert H.