mapfile in shift-jis, db in utf-8 question

Donal donal_regan10 at YAHOO.CO.UK
Thu Jan 11 03:07:12 EST 2007

Just in case someone comes across this problem , I found a solution by saving
my mapfile in shift-jis and including a client_encoding option in my
connection string as follows :

CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=mydb host=localhost port=5432 options='-c
client_encoding=SJIS'"