Compile problem

Raffaele raffaele.morelli at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 11 09:56:28 EST 2007

hi, I am new to this list.
I am compiling mapserver on a debian server in order to build a web gis
environment.
the server is running a debian etch for amd64.
I have comiled from scratch php5.2, apache 2.0.59 and all the necessary
libraries (jpeg, png, tiff, freetype) in order to build gd2.0.33

I am finally at the last step, mapserver+PHP/mapscript, but when trying to
run 'mapserv'

/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/mapserv: error while loading shared libraries:
libgd.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried the trick explained by Xin Zheng at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/compiling_on_unix/
but it didn't worked for me.

Any suggestion?

regards