read symbol angle from database

Fran çois Bruneau francois.bruneau at WESTIMAGES.COM
Wed Jan 24 09:52:19 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm currently testing MapServer for pipes visualization purposes. This application includes gates objects (type point), which symbols have to be oriented accordingly with the pipe (type line) they're placed on.

The orientation information is available, as an angle in degrees, in my dataset in a column from an Oracle table. My question is : is there any way to combine the "ANGLE" statement in the MapFile with a SQL query? The idea would be to write something like :

ANGLE "ROTATION FROM table_gates"

Thanks in advance,

François.