projection question

Ernesto Vega ernesvega at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 24 10:44:15 EST 2007

Hi, i have succesfully set up mapserver version 4.10 on a fedora core
4 system. My settings are:

MapServer version 4.10.0 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=SVG SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I'm working with ka-map as a visual tool and it works fine but......
If i  set up a WFS on it to display points stored on a postgis
database, the draw like 80 feet away from where they should be. I also
tried msCross and they draw on the same position  that in ka-map so i
guess that it could be a projection issue. I used ogrinfo to find out
the SRS of my shapefile, and i got:

Layer SRS WKT:
GEOGCS["unnamed",
    DATUM["WGS_1984",
        SPHEROID["WGS 84",6378137,298.257223563],
        TOWGS84[0,0,0,-0,-0,-0,0]],
    PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
    UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433]]

but there is no projection information !!!!

So i did not put any projection information on my map definition file.

I decided to use an SRID 4130 in my postgres database for the points,
but i got the results you already know. It's very similar but the UNIT
parameter is a little bit different than the one i have on my
shapefile.

Any ideas of what is missing ???

Ernesto