Error: *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev)

Dominik Schmid dominik.schmid at ILU.CH
Wed Jul 4 06:13:31 EDT 2007

Hi

I have run into this persistent problem and I have already spent hours upon
hours without any result whatsoever. First of all my setup:

- Centos 4.4
- apache 2.0.52
- php 5.1.6
- postgresql 8.1.8
- mapserver 4.0.1 (I know, I should update mapserver, but having to rebuild
all the legends in our system and possibly avoid some other side effects
would be a major headache and have so far kept me from doing this)
- gdal 1.4.0
- postgis 1.2.1
- geos 2.2.3
- proj 4.5.0
- glibc 2.3.4-2.25

The error in the httpd error_log reads as stated in the subject.

I have added some multipolygon data that I had previously obtained by
converting it from a shape file using shp2pgsql.

The odd part about this error is, that I use the same syntax in the map file
as for a working multipolygon layer that I had imported using older versions
of postgis etc. and the older data works just fine.
I have reimported said working data from the original shape file and
compared it to the existing data in the working table. the_geom and other
relevant stuff is identical. And still the newly imported data produces this
error.

I have checked projection, db access privs and just about everything else
that crossed my mind as playing a part to no avail.

So, is this problem a known issue? What else could I try/look into? Any advice?

Thanks
Dominik