MAXIMGSIZE in mapfile

Paul Moen pmoen at ND.GOV
Thu Jul 5 12:52:16 EDT 2007

I have been looking for a way to set the max image size in the mapfile and I
have found the text at the bottom in the archives, but see nothing in the
documentation on whether or not this is possible.  Does anyone have any
information if the maximum image size can be changed by adding the
MAXIMGSIZE to the mapfile rather than recompiling.  I have tried to add it
to my mapfile but I get an error, which could mean that I am putting it in
the wrong part of the mapfile.

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> It is my humble opionion that only remote client requests (via URL) should
> be checked against this, not image sizes read from .map files or those
> originating from mapscript requests.  If appropriate folks agree, I could
> look into making this change.  Ideally we would also have a MAXIMGSIZE
> directive that could be included in .map files so this could be set
> without recompiling mapserver - which is very hard for some folks to do.

I agree this would be a welcome change.  BTW, if you create a new
MAXIMGSIZE directive then don't forget that the test on MAXIMGSIZE
should be applied to the WMS as well (mapwms.c).  Also it should not be
possible to change those maxsize values via the CGI interface.  Perhaps
a bug should be created for this to track everything including required
updates to the docs, etc.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca