SOS disconnect

Charlton Purvis cplist at SECONDCREEK.ORG
Fri Jul 6 08:20:29 EDT 2007

Hi, Tom and Assefa:

> N.B. are you intentionally setting observedproperty to a URL in the
> mapfile?  Note that it can also be a plain old string, etc. :)

Yes, that's intentional.  It's not the most readable thing, I agree, but
that's the way this particular booger needs to be done.

> When I try:
>
> http://sos-web.tamu.edu/sos-cgi/madis?service=sos&request=GetObservation
> &version=0.0.31&offering=ndbc_44029&format=application/com-xml&observedP
> roperty=http://marinemetadata.org/cf%23sea_surface_temperature&eventTime
> =<gml:TimePeriod><gml:beginPosition>2007-06</gml:beginPosition><gml:endP
> osition>2007-07</gml:endPosition></gml:TimePeriod>
>
> It seems to work; mind you there looks to be only one record.  How are
> you passing the time query?

Oh.  Interesting.  One record is correct.  This particular table only holds
the latest obs for a given sensor / platform combo.  I was originally trying
to pass &time=yyyymmddThhmiZ and that caused it to be unhappy.  But Example2
from http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/sos_server passes a time param,
so maybe I'm doing something wrong, or should I stick w/ the syntax you
described above?

Assefa, MapServer version 4.10.2.

> > The getcaps behind all of this is here:
> > http://sos-web.tamu.edu/sos-cgi/madis?service=sos&request=getc
> apabilities&ve
> > rsion=0.0.31.

Tom, you're right, the GetCaps works fine, but that's because I took out a
layer that seemed to set the GetCaps over the edge.  I'll put together a
barebones .map and pass around that will hopefully be able to reproduce the
problem.

Many thanks, fellas!

Charlton