Adding a url link object to a map

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Fri Jul 6 16:06:58 EDT 2007

> I want to add points and/or labels to a map layer that will link to a
> URL when clicked by the user.
> Can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this?

Yup. You'd use the query template (the TEMPLATE setting for a layer) to
display the URL in the apprpriate context.

For example:
<http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=[url]"/>

Or, if the URL is derived from some field/attribute:
<http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://server/place/[title].pdf"/>

Is that a good start?
Of course, this assumes that you have a query template and that you have
click-to-query stuff basically working. But from there it's easy.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA