Installing Mapserver Through Yum

Bradley Mclain bradleym06 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 16 02:56:22 EDT 2007

Hi guys what I'm wondering is it possible to easily install Mapserver
through yum, I would like to also have proj.4, GD, GDAL, GEOS, PHP and
Apache installed.

My main problem is simply how do I set up/use these after downloading them
though yum?

I mean I was previously compiling from source and basing everything out of
/usr/local but now everything is all over the place and I have no idea on
how to configure all of this to work together again.

My reasons for this was I have run into complication in rebuilding my server
from source again and I am looking for an easier way to rebuild. I am
running Fedora 7.

Cheers

Brad