Building PHP Mapscript

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Mon Jul 16 17:54:18 EDT 2007

Bill Thoen wrote:
> I want to build PHP Mapscript from source on my Fedora Core 5 box, but I
> need some help with the 'DIR' part of the MapServer configuration switch
> --with-PHP=DIR. I have PHP installed from an rpm and so I don't know
> where to find the PHP include directory. Any suggestions how I can make
> this work?

It wants the PHP source code. What I usually do is grab a copy of the
source and extract it, then ./configure it the same as my existing
installation. Ta-da, a usable source with the same configuration and all.

Use phpinfo() to find out what ./configure arguments were used
originally, and trim out those annoying ' characters. Easy. :)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA