Building PHP Mapscript

R. P. rob at DATAFLOWDESIGN.COM
Mon Jul 16 18:23:17 EDT 2007

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:50:01 -0600
 Bill Thoen <bthoen at GISNET.COM> wrote:
>I want to build PHP Mapscript from source on my Fedora Core 5 box, but I need some help with the 'DIR' part of the MapServer configuration switch --with-PHP=DIR. I have PHP installed from an rpm and so I don't know where to find the PHP include directory. Any suggestions how I can make this work?
>
>- Bill Thoen
Bill,
Not sure about this, but ir your are using yum, the php default install may not include the header files. Instead, you need to install the development version of php. Something like php-devel(??) and that will give you the header files. I think this holds true for other yum installs as well.
Rob