Information/Advice about placing markers

Bradley Mclain bradleym06 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 18 19:29:18 EDT 2007

Ok what I want to do is place a series of markers on different farm blocks
and properties, I currently have a Webserver using OpenLayers to import
Google Maps and my own custom Mapserver WMS data. I am looking for any
advice hints and tips on how to go about all of this.

I have a list of all the info I need about the different farm blocks, names
of growers, variety of produce etc and I would like to place a marker so
that when you hover over it it displays this data. (Also a potential future
feature would be a full outline of the property but this is probably a while
off.

Currently all I have is markers being placed on the specific locations with
no pop-up info or anything. I don't want to cram my html file full of this
info and would prefer if I could import from some sort of a database or text
file. (Preferably textfile in the short term for testing but eventually a
database would be ideal).

Cheers

Brad