php/mapscript can't set new_map_path

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Wed Jul 25 04:33:17 EDT 2007

G'day List,

I can't get this to work, using

$map=ms_newMapObj('',$mapserver_path);

when I look in the $map object, I can get :

[symbolsetfilename] =>
/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/report/mapserver/symbols/colour.sym
    [fontsetfilename] =>
/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/report/mapserver/fonts/fontset.txt
    [mappath] =>
    [imagecolor] => ms_color_obj Object

The first time I can get it to work by specifying the full path to the
symbol and font files, the second time however I get :

Warning: [MapServer Error]: loadSymbolSet(): Parsing error near (
):(line 0) in
C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\report\public\fragments\ms_public_base_map.inc on
line 56

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msCalculateScale(): Invalid image width or
height. in
C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\report\public\fragments\ms_public_base_map.inc on
line 56

Fatal error: Failed loading symbolset from
c:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/report/mapserver/symbols/colour.sym in
C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\report\public\fragments\ms_public_base_map.inc on
line 56

Help!

cheers

Ben