C# MapScript & GAC

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 26 11:25:31 EDT 2007

Hi Guys,

I am now programming different windows applications with MapServer C#
MapScript, to add reference to the mapscript_csharp.dll, sure that i can
copy all the related DLLs into my projects, and all these work well. But
it's not sort of elegant, i am trying now to generate an SNK file for
the mapscript_csharp.dll and install it into GAC. Has anyone ever
done anything like this and made it run?

i got a problem with the AL.EXE command, because it needs a .netmodule file,
i can not create it with the mapscript_csharp.dll. Since i use the binary
MapServer version directly, i cannot add the strong name file per attribute.

what I am trying to do are:
1. sn.exe -- > get the strong name file;
2. al.exe -- > link the .netmodule with the strong name file, get a DLL
output;
3. GACUtil /i -- > install it into the GAC.
4. Add a reference to the DLL in my projects.

any ideas are welcome.

Cheers

Zhonghai