Selecting and then querying using multiple features

Mike Saunt mikesaunt at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 26 17:53:33 EDT 2007

Hi all

In essence this is what I'm trying to achieve but I'm trying to work out the
best way of doing it - I want to use the CGI as it is powerful, very stable
and extremley fast.  I've had great success with MapServer before where it
can perform queries against tens of layers in under 2 seconds when having
one feature to select against.

Here is the problem...

I want a user to be able to interactively from multiple clicks on a map to
select features and then they can issue a query taking all selected features
and doing feature intersect queries against multiple other layers.  Pretty
simple!

I'm fine with writing wrapper code to allow the user to select a feature at
a point - MODE=QUERY - and then find and store the feature id's for
subsequent calls to the CGI

Is there a way to be able to pass multiple feature id's to MapServer to
highlight as selected in a maps?  Then in the same fashion can I pass
multiple feature id's (acting as the selection again) to then be used in a
NQUERY to find which features from other layers intersect.

Should I be looking at using a QUERYFILE?  Is this possible - I'm sure it is
as everything else I've wanted to do the CGI seems to be able to do it!

Thanks in advance
Mike