issue with classitem and tileindex...

Brent Fraser bfraser at GEOANALYTIC.COM
Thu Mar 29 16:52:30 EDT 2007

John,

  You could try the newer (and more flexible?) "two-layer"
style of tileindex specification:

LAYER
 NAME "lpy_idx_lyr"
 TYPE TILEINDEX
 DATA "lpy_idx"
END

LAYER
 NAME "landmark_polys"
 GROUP "bound"
 TILEINDEX "lpy_idx_lyr"  # this points to the above layer
 METADATA
     "wms_title" "landmark_polys"
     "wms_group_title" "landmark"
 END
 PROJECTION
 "init=epsg:4326"
 END
 STATUS ON
 CLASSITEM "CFCC"
 CLASS
   EXPRESSION "D82"
   NAME 'Cemetary'
   MAXSCALE 250000
   STYLE
     COLOR 209 208 204
   END
 END
END

I haven't tested this, so it may not work.  The trick is to
tell Mapserver the CLASS is to be applied to the files
pointed to by the tileindex, not the tile index itself (I'm
sure it doesn't have an attributed named "CFCC").

Steve Woodbridge may have some insight into this, since it's
tiled vectors; I've only done tiled raster....

Brent Fraser
GeoAnalytic Inc.
Calgary, Alberta