A 'simple' query question- php/mapscript/mysql?

David Kilham, Geographical Sciences D.A.Kilham at BRISTOL.AC.UK
Fri Mar 30 06:13:38 EDT 2007

Folks,
	I've searched high and low, up and down, but I'm stumped.  I've got a
simple dataset, 1000 points or so, with 10 attributes, running in
MapServer.  It's so small I can attach them to a shapefile.dbf and use them
directly in the Nquery, Itemnquery, etc. to produce searches and output to
tables (so far so good).

'All' I want to do is have the user search from two attributes (or more),
to produce a map with only these results, e.g. counties and population. In
fact, the exact example I'd like to follow is in the search part of:
<http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/english/ins/epncurrent/keytoepn.html>

but this uses ArcIMS.

I 'think' the mapscript/php/mysql route seems the most profitable, but any
any help, advice (short of buying ArcIMS), would be gladly appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

Dr David Kilham,
Geographical Sciences