WG: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WG: OGR, ODBC join on OGR, ODBC

Arnd Wippermann arndw at WTAL.DE
Mon May 14 17:22:29 EDT 2007

Hello Frank,

many thanks for your hint. It runs perfect.

That's the way to join ODBC-tables:

the ovf-file GEOLINES.ovf in the same directory as the mapfile

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="LINESLYR">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:GEOOBJEKT,GEOLINES</SrcDataSource>

<!--    not needed. Instead using SrcSQL
     	<SrcLayer>LINESLYR</SrcLayer>
-->
        <SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM GEOLINES LEFT JOIN GEOLINES_TREPPE ON
GEOLINES.ID_GEOOBJEKT = GEOLINES_TREPPE.ID_GEOOBJEKT;</SrcSQL>

<!--    apparently not needed, because the column position holds all the
info

    	<GeometryType>wkbLineString</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS>WGS84</LayerSRS>
-->

	<GeometryField encoding="WKT" field="position"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

and the interesting part of the mapfile

LAYER
  NAME 'LINES'
  GROUP 'LINES'
  TYPE LINE
  STATUS ON

  CONNECTION 'GEOLINES.ovf'
  CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
  DATA 'LINESLYR'           # <OGRVRTLayer name="LINESLYR">

  CLASSITEM 'STUFENANZAHL'  # this is the column from the joined table
GEOLINES_TREPPE
  CLASS
    NAME 'Treppen'
    EXPRESSION ([STUFENANZAHL] > 100)