Direct use of Vmap0 with Mapserver

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Wed May 16 09:05:37 EDT 2007

Hi,

It seems to be simple to convert Vmap0 data to shapefiles or whatever with ogr2ogr.  I am now thinking that is that conversion compulsory or could I use Vmap0 directly as source data for Mapserver?  I made a trial by giving "CONNECTIONTYPE OGR" and CONNECTION in the way that worked with ogr2ogr but with no success.

Is it even theoretically possible to use Vmap0 data directly with Mapserver, of should I just take the layers out to some other format with ogr2ogr?

By the way, OGR documentation gives this usage example:

ogr2ogr watrcrsl.shp gltp:/vrf/usr4/mpp1/v0eur/vmaplv0/eurnasia 'watrcrsl at hydro(*)_line' <mailto:'watrcrsl at hydro(*)_line'>

In Windows that seemd not to work but I had to remove the quotes.

Regards,

-Jukka Rahkonen-