Non-displayed layers blocking queries to other layers

LITTLE Nelson nelson.little at TENIX.COM
Wed May 30 02:58:10 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am using Java Mapscript and in my application the user is able to turn
the display of layers on or off dynamically. This appears to work as the
layer turned off is no longer visible on the map image.

The problem is that a layer which is drawn on top of another layer is
masking the layer underneath even though the top layer has been turned
off. When I say turned off I mean I have set the status of that layer to
OFF (layerObj.setStatus(0)).

How do I know this is happening? If I edit the map file to not include
the top layer then they are able to query the other layer.

Perhaps I have failed to do something; I followed the PHP Mapscript
tutorials fairly closely. Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated as
this is a bit of a show stopper for me.

Cheers
Nelson

Disclaimer :
The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended only
for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not,
or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.
Tenix does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free
from errors, virus, interception or interference.