pdf output issues: labels garbled and not buffered, lines "broken"

Maciej Sieczka tutey at O2.PL
Wed Oct 3 14:10:12 EDT 2007

Hi,

After apllying Umberto's patch for PDF output [1] I'm able
to create pdfs with MapServer 5.

However, I have the same issues I had with MS 4.10.2. In PDF
the national characters in labels are garbled, labels are
not buffered and vector lines have some turns not round in
PDF while all these look nice and round in PNG.

If anybody would like too look into this issue, please
compare the attached PDF and PNG, both created with MS 5
shp2img. The PNG is OK, PDF has artifacts. Is it my error or
something else? The input shapefile and map file are here
[2] (300 KB) if needed.

Ubuntu Dapper 32bit, using PDFLib-Lite 7.0.2. If more
details are needed please let me know.

Cheers,
Maciek

[1]http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/attachment/ticket/2338/2338.patch