Mapserver WMS and METADATA

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Thu Oct 11 08:01:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

Correct.  In mapwmslayer.c, TRANSPARENT is always set to TRUE and BGCOLOR is not set at all.  I've started a ticket on this at http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/ticket/2349

..Tom

________________________________

	From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Frode Wiseth Jørgensen
	Sent: 11 October, 2007 7:49 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mapserver WMS and METADATA

	Hi,

	Mapserver uses the METADATA element in the mapfile to spesify the different WMS parameters, such as SRS, NAME and so on...

	E.g:
	 METADATA
	  "wms_server_version"   "1.1.1"
	  "wms_srs"              "EPSG:32633"
	  "wms_name"             "Samkopi"
	  "wms_format"           "image/png"
	  "wms_style"      "default"
	  "wms_bgcolor"     "0xFFFFFF"
	 END

	Is there any way to add the WMS TRANSPARENT parameter in the same way?

	We have noticed that Mapserver automatically adds TRANSPARENT=TRUE when fetching WMS data (GetMap). It seems that this behaviour also conserns the WMS BGCOLOR element, that is...we are not able to send TRANSPARENT=FALSE...

	We are using Mapserver 5.0

	Thanks!

	Frode