Mapserver WMS and METADATA

Frode Wiseth Jørgensen frodewj at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 11 07:48:43 EDT 2007

Hi,

Mapserver uses the METADATA element in the mapfile to spesify the different
WMS parameters, such as SRS, NAME and so on...

E.g:
 METADATA
  "wms_server_version"   "1.1.1"
  "wms_srs"              "EPSG:32633"
  "wms_name"             "Samkopi"
  "wms_format"           "image/png"
  "wms_style"      "default"
  "wms_bgcolor"     "0xFFFFFF"
 END

Is there any way to add the WMS TRANSPARENT parameter in the same way?

We have noticed that Mapserver automatically adds TRANSPARENT=TRUE when
fetching WMS data (GetMap). It seems that this behaviour also conserns the
WMS BGCOLOR element, that is...we are not able to send TRANSPARENT=FALSE...

We are using Mapserver 5.0

Thanks!

Frode