Antwort: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Problem with java mapscript

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Fri Oct 12 02:27:01 EDT 2007

Hi Mauro

Problably there is a kind of mapserver bug.  As far as I know
maspserver-oracle supports a maximum of 6000 chars for SQL-statement
and the code doesn't handle overflow's gracefully.

On the other hand: Even if mapserver could handle SQL-strings of
arbitrary length, you still have to deal with the Oracle-Limit
of 1000 elements in the "CODE IN (...)"-Expression.
(http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87861_01/NT817EE/server.817/a85397/expressi.htm#1029285)

Maybe you are forced to look for a different approach anyway?

By
Benedikt Rothe

UMN MapServer Users List <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU> schrieb am
11.10.2007 19:48:36: