imagemap/htmlmap is there a limit for areas ?

Marek Florianczyk franki at ADM.TP.PL
Fri Oct 12 07:49:53 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm using phpmapscript on debian etch 4.0
phpmapscript and mapserver 4.10.0-5+etch1

The problem is: mapserver or mapscript generates empty <map> when there is
more than about 40-50 object on the map. Map itself is however generated
well.
When I zoom map, or choose other extent with less than about 40-50 object the
<map> is generated. Picture (map picture - jpeg) is always properly generated
no matter how many object I do have on the map.
Is there a limit for area's in <map> ?
My map_file:

NAME places
STATUS ON
SIZE 800 600
WEB
    IMAGEPATH "/var/www/apache2-default/tmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/apache2-default/tmp/"
END

EXTENT 19.6556 50.5098 19.6594 50.5105
UNITS meters
IMAGECOLOR 0 0 0
IMAGETYPE jpeg
OUTPUTFORMAT
     NAME imagemap
     DRIVER imagemap
     FORMATOPTION "MAPNAME=map_test"
     FORMATOPTION "POLYMOUSEOUT=alert('poly out');"
     FORMATOPTION "POLYMOUSEOVER=alert('poly  %s');"
     FORMATOPTION "SUPPRESS=YES"
     MIMETYPE "text/html"
END

SYMBOL
  NAME 'punkt'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  POINTS
    1 1
  END
  FILLED TRUE
END

SYMBOL
        NAME 'square'
        Type VECTOR
        Filled TRUE
        Points
        0 1
        0 0
        1 0
        1 1
        0 1
        END
END

LAYER
  NAME area_
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=map host=localhost port=5432"
CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
DATA "the_geom from area"
  CLASS
    STYLE
      ANTIALIAS TRUE
      COLOR 147 189 113
      OUTLINECOLOR 122 77 47
    END
  END
END
LAYER
  NAME poi_r_
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=map host=localhost port=5432"
CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
DATA "the_geom from poi_r"
  CLASS
  EXPRESSION ('[typ]' eq 'gospodarczy')
    STYLE
      ANTIALIAS TRUE
      COLOR 85 85 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 85 85 0
    END
  END
  CLASS
  EXPRESSION ('[typ]' eq 'gospodarczy2')
    STYLE
      ANTIALIAS TRUE
      COLOR 217 217 217
      OUTLINECOLOR 217 217 217
    END
  END
  CLASS
  EXPRESSION ('[typ]' eq 'parking')
    STYLE
      ANTIALIAS TRUE
      COLOR 97 97 97
      OUTLINECOLOR 97 97 97
    END
  END
END

LAYER
  NAME paths_
  TYPE POLYGON
  STATUS ON
CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=map host=localhost port=5432"
CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
DATA "the_geom from roads_alb"
  CLASS
  EXPRESSION ('[typ]' eq 'glowna')
    STYLE
      ANTIALIAS TRUE
        COLOR 255 100 0
    END
  END
  CLASS
    STYLE
      ANTIALIAS TRUE
        COLOR 255 100 0
    END
  END
END
LAYER
  NAME poi_p_
  TYPE POINT
  STATUS ON
CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=map host=localhost port=5432"
CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
DATA "the_geom from poi_p"
  CLASS
  EXPRESSION ('[typ]' eq 'brama')
    STYLE
      COLOR 255 255 255
      SYMBOL 'punkt'
      SIZE 9
    END
  END
  CLASS
  EXPRESSION ('[typ]' eq 'woda')
    STYLE
      COLOR 0 0 255
      SYMBOL 'punkt'
      SIZE 9
    END
  END
END
LAYER
  NAME places_
  TYPE POLYGON
        TOLERANCE 1
  STATUS ON
  DEBUG on
CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=map host=localhost port=5432"
CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
DATA "the_geom from places_alb"
  CLASS
  EXPRESSION ('[typ]' ne '0')