RV: Don't draw GIF/PNG images on wms clients.

Gilles Bassière gilles.bassiere at MAKINA-CORPUS.COM
Wed Oct 17 13:00:23 EDT 2007

Manuel Ballesteros Cardador wrote:
> Thank Gilles by your response. Now, I have eliminated CONNECTIONTYPE and CONNECTION parameter of the layer to set it to default values and now wms client draw image only when I am moving the image (pan). Do you know the problem?

Without much context, I'm afraid I can't help. The problem seems to be
at interface level since you finally get an image. In order to check
your WMS, you could try to send the request through a simple web
browser. The request would looks like:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=comarca_wms.map&LAYERS=Limite&TRANSPARENT=true&FORMAT=image/png&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage&SRS=epsg:23030&BBOX=286421,4210158,400752,4295906&WIDTH=500&HEIGHT=500

or just:

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=comarca_wms.map&mode=map (this
one is not a valid WMS request but usually provide better error messages).

If these requests return an image, then your problem would rather be in
QGIS.

I usually set the "wms_extent" in the layer's metadata. I'm not sure
whether it's compulsory but it might be useful.

Regards,

Gilles

--
Gilles Bassiere