Changing layer parameters via CGI with underscore in name

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Oct 17 13:16:07 EDT 2007

Hi There,

  If you are using 5.0, you could try something like :
   map.layer[dfirm_main].class[0].style[0]=COLOR 255 0 0

  You can also check RFC 31 for examples on this :
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-31

Best Regards,

Nathan Vander Wilt wrote:
> Hello all! I have a layer defined similarly to this:
>
> LAYER
>  NAME 'dfirm_main'
> END
>
> I would like to change some parameters for this on the fly, however I'm wondering if how
> to deal with the underscored name in the map_ heirarchy, which depends on underscores as
> well. The following example does not work, although if I change the layer name to remove
> the underscore in both the .map and the url, then it does work as expected:
>
> http://example/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/maps/nvw-test/
> test.map&map_dfirm_main_class_color=255+0+0&mode=map
>

> How can I change parameters via CGI on a layer named with an underscore?
>
> thanks,
> -natevw

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst