Time series persistence

Marcos Sánchez Provencio marcos at BURKE.ATH.CX
Thu Oct 18 06:35:41 EDT 2007

El mié, 17-10-2007 a las 12:29 -0700, SamHiatt escribió:
> Hi!
>
> I wish I could help you answer your question... but actually I'm interested
> in hearing about what you are doing with timeseries in mapserver.
>
> You mentioned that you are using MapBuilder on the front end.  I'm gonna
> take a guess... are you using MapBuilder to communicate with Mapserver via
> WMS?  So you have your mapfile set up with a tileindex layer, wms_time
> metadata, etc?
>
> Sam

Actually, there is no mapfile. The map definition is built up from a
Django application using Python Mapscript.

Django serves dynamically the config.xml and the context.xml files
needed by mapbuilder based on the metadata stored in the database. It
also generates appropiate color scales, etc, for a built-from-scratch
MapObj. Then mapbuilder requests the time slices needed. This time
information gets converted to a where clause for PostGIS. I think I
don't need a tileindex, since the data is in the db.

¿Any suggestions?