Displaying elevation data

Kyle Wilcox Kyle.Wilcox at NOAA.GOV
Mon Oct 22 10:11:44 EDT 2007

I'm not sure if this will help you, but here is an example GeoTIFF file
with an associated data file.  Depending on how you set up the
application, you should be able to query just the data layer.

Application is here to try it out:  http://155.206.18.162/SST/

LAYER
    NAME DailyData
    STATUS ON
    DATA "daily.flt"
    TYPE RASTER
    METADATA
        "DESCRIPTION" "Daily SST"
        "RESULT_FIELDS" "Lat Lon SST(C)"
        "VALUE_FIELDS" "x y value_0"
    END
    PROJECTION
      "proj=merc"
      "ellps=WGS84"
      "datum=WGS84"
    END
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    PROCESSING "SCALE=2,15"
    TEMPLATE "placeholder"
  END

  LAYER
    NAME DailyColors
    STATUS ON
    DATA "daily.tif"
    TYPE RASTER
    METADATA
        "DESCRIPTION" "Daily RGB Values"
    END
    PROJECTION
      "proj=merc"
      "ellps=WGS84"
      "datum=WGS84"
    END
    UNITS METERS
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
    PROCESSING "BANDS=1,2,3"
  END

--

 Kyle Wilcox
 NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office
 Kyle.Wilcox at noaa.gov

 "It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places
  that we are broken that we come to repair the world."
						- Murray Waas