Raster layer - Howto?

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Wed Oct 31 17:19:24 EDT 2007

Pascal Ehlert wrote:
> I'm sure I'm interpreting this correctly, but doesn't it mean it's a
> geotiff already?

It indicates to me that it is not georeferenced. See how the coordinates
are the same size as the image, and the coordinate system is blank? I've
worked with these before... :)

I don't have a world file handy at the moment, but it only took me about
5 minutes to learn it for the first time. Name the worldfile
land_shallow_topo_8192.tfw and gdalinfo will automagically detect it and
suddenly change its tone. :)

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA