Ruby Mapscript on Windows

Geo Aspects Development dev at GEOASPECTS.COM
Wed Jan 9 17:41:01 EST 2008

hi,

Actually, as far as I can remember, I did have to compile the Ruby
Mapscript libraries from the source using SWIG. The Mac is just a
flavour of unix these days so the instructions were fairly
straightforward -  I don't have a Windows machine here so I'm not sure
what you get with ms4w.

As you can probably tell, I haven't been able to spend much time with
this for a while. Ruby in Space was never intended to be a framework,
but rather just a tutorial to document how I got it all to run
together, although I must say that there seems to be a lot of
potential combining Rails and Mapserver.

If I remember any more information I'll post it here.

Tim
Geo Aspects