Please help me SDE C# asp.net and mapserver connection problem....

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 18 05:30:55 EST 2008

2008/1/18, yatendra <yatendra.jaiswal at gmail.com>:
> Here is my mapfile layer....
> LAYER
>          CONNECTION "host=GEN387 port:5151 user=****** password=****** dbname=****"
>                 CONNECTIONTYPE SDE
>                 CONNECTIONTYPE PLUGIN
>                 PLUGIN "C:\ms4w\Apache\specialplugins\msplugin_sde_92.dll"
>
>                  DATA "sde.SDE.TILE,SHAPE,sde.DEFAULT"
>                  STATUS on
>                  TYPE line
> END

Your application is possibly running under the context of the ASPNET
user that may have limited security rights to access files outside of
the application directory.
You might want to copy this dll into you appdir as
  On Windows 2003:   %SYSTEMROOT%\System32\inetsrv
  On WIndows XP:   %SYTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\[framework version]
whatever.
And change your plugin definition as
PLUGIN "msplugin_sde_92.dll"

> If its because of asp.net version (64 bit), then what can be the solution???
> please let me know..

This might be an issue only if your application is running on 64bit windows.
In this case you should force to use the 32 bit version of the .NET
framework and recompile mapscript by adding /platform:x86 to the csc
command line in the /csharp/makefile.vc.
This is because you cannot compile msplugin_sde_92.dll as an x64 image
right now.

Best regards,

Tamas