one way roads, drawing spaced arrows

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 22 14:05:41 EST 2008

you're right the documentation is a bit off.
for line symbology, the rule is
GAP>0: symbols face north (or rotated wrt north by their ANGLE parameter)
GAP =0: symbol is used to 'texture' the line (useful with pixmap or
vector symbols)
GAP<0: symbol is oriented according to the line direction (this can
also be modified with the ANGLE parameter, eg to rectify an arrow
pointing 90 degrees off)

regards,
thomas