Filter Encoding with special character

danielt daniel.teske at WEB.DE
Wed Jan 30 07:41:33 EST 2008

dear list..

I want to use SLDs to design my Geodata. In the SLD i'm using Filter
Encoding to filter Geometries. The problem is that there are special
character in the ogc:Literal
here's a very simple example:
<ogc:Filter>
<ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
<ogc:PropertyName>KATEGORIE</ogc:PropertyName>
<ogc:Literal>ökologisch</ogc:Literal>
</ogc:PropertyIsEqualTo>
</ogc:Filter>

I also tried to use the ogc:PropertyIsLike, but in this case every Object
will be grant (bug?)
here's the example for this try:
<ogc:Filter>
<ogc:PropertyIsLike wildCard="*" singleChar="_" escapeChar="!">
<ogc:PropertyName>KATEGORIE</ogc:PropertyName>
<ogc:Literal>*koligisch</ogc:Literal>
</ogc:PropertyIsLike>
</ogc:Filter>

On the other hand, the singleChar "_" has no effect
<ogc:Literal>_koligisch</ogc:Literal>

This problem appear with every special character, e.g. {ä, ö, ü, Ä, Ö, Ü, ß}

thank you very much for your response and best regards..
..Daniel