getFeatureInfo in WMS with shapefile

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Wed Jan 30 08:19:39 EST 2008

Does your LAYER object have the following defined:

- TEMPLATE
- DUMP TRUE

Check out the section "Configuring for GetFeatureInfo Requests" within
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_server/#setup-a-mapfile-for-
your-wms for more info.

If you are still having problems, post relevant parts of your mapfile.

..Tom

________________________________

	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of LUCAS BERNAL, JOSE
MIGUEL
	Sent: 30 January, 2008 2:42 AM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] getFeatureInfo in WMS with
shapefile

	Hello all,

	I've got a mapfile with a WMS service that publishes a layer
from an ESRI shapefile (type point). I work with Mapserver 5.0 in Suse
Linux.

	I can't get the data (using getFeatureInfo service) where I
click on a point of the map using a WMS client as ArcMap and others.

	I'd like to get a complete example for the getFeatureInfo in
WMS.

	Thanks you very much.