Mapserver 5.0.0 installation fails at GEOS

Howard Butler hobu.inc at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 30 12:21:56 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 11:12 AM, William Hudspeth wrote:

> Hello Perry,
>
> Unfortunately, I am getting the same errors with Mapserver 5.0.2!!!
>
> Bill

I have a suspicion this is related to the 'make clean' target wiping
out the maplexer.c output, and flex then rebuilding your maplexer.c
when you issue 'make'.  Compounding this is your flex isn't new enough
to be generating the maplexer.c that you need (MapServer needs a
bleeding-edge flex).  One thing to try is to fetch http://svn.osgeo.org/mapserver/branches/branch-5-0/mapserver/maplexer.c
  and overwrite your existing one and then reissue make.  Hopefully
this gets you on your way.

Howard