[mapserver-users] Making mapserver into a WMS

Matthew Pettis matthew.pettis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 09:27:03 EDT 2008

Thanks Jukka, Robert,

Jukka was right... it was saved as mapserv.exe, but when I opened it with an
editor, it was the appropriate XML...  I just assumed that it was
downloading the binary itself and didn't bother downloading it.

Thanks!

Matt

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:01 AM, Rahkonen Jukka <Jukka.Rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe everything is OK. Try saving the file mapserv.exe on your disk
> and open it with text editor.  It is just that WMS standard gives such a
> MIME type for GetCapabilities response that it is not often recognised as
> XML.
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-

It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are broken
that we come to repair the world.
-- Murray Waas