[mapserver-users] troubleshooting WFS LINE output

Burgholzer,Robert rwburgholzer at deq.virginia.gov
Fri Jun 6 12:57:38 EDT 2008

I am retrieving some WFS layers, and having a bit of trouble with a LINE
layer (not to mention a bit more trouble with a POLYGON layer, but that
will hold for now).  The data set that I am working with has much
promise if I can get it to work, it is the National Hydrography Database
or NHD.

The GML file is retrieved, it appears to be in coordinates that are
within my extent, and the map loads just fine, except it does not show
any LINE.  I am able to load a point from this source, no worries, but
the LINE has thus far eluded me.   I will attach my line block from my
mapfile, in case I have made a real rookie mistake here, but any insight
into how to troubleshoot otherwise would be welcome (I have debugging
turned on, and am receiving no errors related to the line).

LAYER

   NAME nhd_wfs

   TYPE LINE

   #TYPE POINT

   STATUS ON

   DEBUG ON

   CONNECTIONTYPE WFS

   CONNECTION
"http://frameworkwfs.usgs.gov/framework/wfs/wfs.cgi?OutputFormat=GML3L1&
srsName=EPSG:4326"

   METADATA

      #"wfs_typename"          "HydroElementWBMD"

      #"wfs_typename"          "HydroElementPTMD"

      "wfs_typename"          "HydroElementLIHI"

      "wfs_version"           "1.0.0"

      "wfs_request_method"    "GET"

      "wfs_connectiontimeout" "240"

   END