[mapserver-users] Exception using oracle spatial layer

Murty Maganti MMaganti at oriongis.com
Fri Jun 6 13:39:48 EDT 2008

Hello Users

I am getting an exception when using oracle spatial  layer.

I am setting filter expression to the layer at run time(using C# map
script, layerObj.setFilter()) and when I call draw() method on map after
setting the filter, the following exception is thrown

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named
'Ward'.;msOracleSpatialLayerWhichShapes(): OracleSpatial error. Error:
ORA-21710: argument is expecting a valid memory address of an object.

Filter expression is very simple - 'WARDID in (1,2)'. The field and the
values both exist on the layer.

It works fine (i.e. image is generated) when I don't set the filter.

Appreciate any help

-Murty Maganti