[mapserver-users] OGR doesn't grok GML3?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 9 12:16:51 EDT 2008

Burgholzer,Robert wrote:
> This is a re-post, perhaps my title wasn’t concise enough to grab
> attention.  This is related to pulling WFS-base National Hydrography
> Dataset.
>
> Is it true that ogr2ogr only understands the GML2? If so, any ideas on
> the difficulty of amending this situation?
>

> More information from the maintainer of the WFS service.  If what they
> say is correct, ogr2ogr doesn’t grok GML3?  See below if interested:

Robert,

That is correct. OGR's GML reader is aimed at GML2.

I have done some experimental work on a reader for NAS format, a german
GML3 profile, and found I had to do quite a bit of work.  At some point
I expect that to roll into GDAL and I'll try to back port some of the
work into the generic GML reader.

Best regards,