[mapserver-users] 64 bits version of MapServer

Josh Hevenor jhevenor at rogers.com
Mon Jun 16 14:25:20 EDT 2008

Concerning 64bit MapServer, I found this old post

    http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/ms4w-users/2007-December/000983.html

Most of what I've read involves people compiling their own but I do
remember a post to a 64bit binary...I just can't find it right now.
Sorry. There's a win32 how-to in the documentation but no win64 document.

    http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto

I have a client who is looking for a 64bit windows solution so I'd be
interested in hearing if you find anything pre-compiled and/or a 64bit
compile document.

I'm assuming you expect performance gains from the increase in
addressable memory and it sounds like you'll be doing some testing. I'm
sure we'd all appreciate posting your results once you've run the new
setup through its paces.

Josh